Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archives in the Shifting Sands

2 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Archives in the Shifting Sands - Page 3 Empty Re: Archives in the Shifting Sands

Post  Samuel Flowen Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:18 pm

"well, I'd stay away form the veal, because it's actually a baby pig," recommended Samuel, "but I've heard some good things about their noodles." After deciding on the special, which was egg rolls with a side of bacon, Samuel asked, "So you need me to be there Just for a few spirits?" His eyes then trail over to Milo. "Is the kid scared of ghosts or something?

Samuel Flowen

Back to top Go down

Archives in the Shifting Sands - Page 3 Empty Re: Archives in the Shifting Sands

Post  Leon Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:47 pm

"Well this ghost seems to be rather hostile", she wasn't sure how much she wanted to disclose, "I can give you a letter that we got that describes, what I assume was only a fragment of the spirit's power", she pulled the letter out from a pocket and set it on the table for Samuel to read. "I think I will go for the honey garlic ribs, the noodles, some egg rolls and... lets see... whats the shrimp soup like?"
Milo set down the menu, he had decided on what he wanted. He looked up at Samuel, "Surely any other Exorcist would do... but we would like to avoid getting involved with the Order", he said this trying not to sound irritated with Samuel's joke at his expense.
Leon
Leon
Admin

http://glass.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Flowen Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:46 pm

Just then the waitress came over. "May i take your order?" she asked. "yes." Replied Samuel, "I'll have the special." he placed his left hand on the letter and slid it closer so he can read it.

Samuel Flowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:00 am

Rosaline briskly placed her order, the waitress looked amazed at the quantity of food that Rosaline ordered.
Milo ordered a few deserts and a plate of sushi. Milo looked around the restaurant, he hadn't eaten since the morning before this one.
Leon
Leon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Flowen Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:18 am

Even Samuel was surprised by Rosaline's order, but decided against saying something and began to read the letter. "hmmmm. It doesn't say anything about a ghost, just that they were scared out of there wits. For all we know, they ran into some bandits."

Samuel Flowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:00 am

"most people who travel in that region are well aware of the risk of bandits, and are often well equipped to deal with them." Milo stated, "Also there have been similar hauntings that match the same descriptions, and besides we'll pay you if your needed or not." He smiled "So don't worry"

Rosaline sighed "we want to take every precaution" she had noticed Samuel's sword, "you are also trained in combat I assume, so you will be useful even if there isn't a spirit"
Leon
Leon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Flowen Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:15 am

Samuel hands the letter back to Rosaline with a small smile on his face. "I wasn't worried, Milady. In fact, this sounds like it'll be fun." He then remembered something he was going to do and promptly pulls a rather plain book out of his coat, places it on the table and opens it, revealing a blank page a fifth of the way in it, marked by a pen.

Last edited by Samuel Flowen on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Samuel Flowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:51 pm

Milo eyed the book curiously.
Rosaline's stomach growled, the watched Samuel flip through the book. "so... what do you want in the way of payment?"
Leon
Leon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Flowen Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Samuel held the pen over the page, but did nothing, having now been lost in thought by the question. "Well," he started, "There's the starting fee. Then you factor in spirits... danger... distractions and possible loss of life.... I'd say around 400."

Samuel Flowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:11 pm

"Are you sure that's all you want?", Milo asked. He glanced over to the kitchen, he saw the waitress walking towards the table with his plate of sushi. She placed it in front of him. "while the other meals cook, does anyone want anything to drink?" she asked, "I'll have a glass of water"
"I'll have a Bloody Mary", she said "Large glass please"
Leon
Leon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Flowen Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:46 pm

"I'll have a Tequila Sunrise." Said Samuel, as he began to write, making sure his arm was in the way so Milo could read what he was writing.
22, 6, 1758
Today seems like it'll be one of two things, nothing but fun or nothing but trouble. Either way, I'll be traveling with Milo and Rosaline, both of which are very interesting. Rosaline looks like a Rose blooming, though her appetite is rather....large? I'll go with large for now. Milo on the other hand is someone I'll have to keep an eye on. So far his personality has been either rotten or non-existent. though it is still to early to judge them. I'll have to keep a close eye on both of them. Someone like Milo could very well spell doom for all those around him, and that's something I'll have to prevent. As to keeping an eye on Rosaline, well, how could i not?

Samuel Flowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:18 am

Milo broke apart his chopsticks and started to eat the sushi, taking his time. The waitress showed up again with their drinks.
Rosaline's fidgeted with her silverware as she watched the kitchen for signs of their food, she took a sip of her drink.
Leon
Leon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Flowen Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:01 pm

Samuel placed the pen in the middle of the book and closed it. As he looked up, he noticed Rosaline's fidgeting, but decided not to say anything. Mostly because he couldn't think of something to say. So he began to watch the door again.

Samuel Flowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:54 pm

Rosaline smiled as she saw a waitress pushing a trolley carrying their food, she placed each dish on the table. Rosaline started to eat, she maintained poise and grace while devouring the food in front of her at an alarming rate.
Milo slowly ate his food tasting each bite. He followed Samuel's eyes to the door "You seem a little on edge" he commented.
Leon
Leon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Flowen Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:29 pm

As Samuel began to speak, his voice was calm and casual. Not what you would expect from someone who, as Milo put it, seems a little on edge. "on edge? Well, I'm not actually, it's just an old habit from my years of traveling." 'Traveling' for Samuel meant running from the Order, but that was something he didn't like talking about.

Samuel Flowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:35 am

Milo smiled, he had never been that great at reading people, but he could tell that Samuel was hiding something. Milo had plenty of secrets himself so he thought it wasn't fair to pry into other people's past.
Rosaline was finishing off the last few bits of food, she wiped her mouth daintily with her napkin. She stacked her plaits up neatly. She eyed the desert that Milo was eating.
Leon
Leon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Flowen Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:44 am

Samuel began to eat, but stopped long enough to say something to Milo. "Alright, kid. I've let a lot of things slide sense i met you, but you have got to take some time to work on that smile of yours. cause what you did just there, was just plain creepy." then took another bite before muttering "No lady likes a creepy smile." and began to eat again.

Samuel Flowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:34 pm

Milo dropped his smile, he was no good at dealing with people. He looked away a little embarrassed buy Samuel calling him on his social weakness. He did not know why he had smiled.
Now that she had a full stomach Rosaline was feeling cheerful. She chucked at what Samuel had said "Your a lady Samuel?"
Leon
Leon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Flowen Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:28 pm

Samuel was taken aback for a second, the comment coming out of nowhere from his prospective, but he quickly caught on to what she said and gave a hearty laugh. "I see I'll have to be more careful about what i say around you, Milady." said Samuel, "I'll clarify what i meant. i simply meant that Milo, from what I've seen, has problems socially and that I'm willing to help him, even just slightly, with it. Also, when i said lady, i meant you." He then began to eat again.

Samuel Flowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:07 pm

"I see..." Rosaline slid the letter back into it's envelope, then slid it into her jacket pocket. She watched as the door opened, one of the men that had entered Samuel's apartment building walked in. A necklace with the Order's symbol on it hung around his neck. She stood up, blocking Samuel from his line of sight.
Milo noticed the man, he saw the longsword at the man's hip. If they weren't careful this could end in violence.
Leon
Leon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Flowen Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:20 pm

Samuel noticed what was going on. So he quickly took of his boot, took out some money to pay his share of the food, put his boot back on, and placed the money on the table while leaning towards Milo. "In the event that this goes down hill fast," He whispered, "how fast can you run and is there a chance you might be able to knock him over on the way?"

Samuel Flowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:54 pm

Milo slipped enough money for both him and Rosaline, she could pay him back later. He watched the man carefully, his posture suggested that he was a trained combatant. He stood up adding to the visual shield between Samuel and the man from the Order. "I can run fast enough..." he looked to Rosaline
Rosaline slipped a rose out of her lapel. She walked towards the man making sure she blocked his view of Samuel.
Leon
Leon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Flowen Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:19 am

Samuel began to stand up, looking constantly for an opening so he can get out of there quickly and hopefully unnoticed.

Samuel Flowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:37 pm

"Good morning sir." Rosaline greeted the man. "good morning..." the man slipped his hand into his pocket and produced a sketch of Samuel "Have you seen this man?" She smiled politely "He looks familiar, I think I've seen him somewhere..." she paused and pretended to wonder about where she had seen the man before, knowing that this would tie the man's interest more than a flat out lie.
Milo walked slowly past Rosaline, he kept a close eye on Samuel and the Man from the Order.
Leon
Leon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Flowen Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:48 pm

Samuel got up and began to casually move for the door while keeping his head turned away. Hopefully, Rosaline could keep that man's attention away from him. Hopefully, they were still looking for a man with one arm. Hopefully things wouldn't get out of hand. Unfortunately, all Samuel seemed to have going for him at the moment was hope. hopefully, that would be enough.

Samuel Flowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum